Dare to Ask God to Give You More Faith
The Bible promises God will take care of His Children and I’ve seen it.
Time and time again, He makes His loving presence known. 💯😍
He always makes sure we have food on the table, a roof over our head, important bills paid, and He even makes sure we get some of those little things we want. 💥🙏
I have a love/hate relationship with money. 😡🤑
Money is the area in my life where the enemy seems to be able to mess with me the most.
After my divorce, God provided an awesome job and additional income to pay off old debts. My credit became better and soon I had credit again.
Unfortunately, I made some bad decisions and some unexpected things happened with my brother… I am ashamed to admit this, but I am upside down—again.
I HATE IT! 😱😲
Logically, I shouldn’t be in this position. Yet here I am. I feel that I need to confess this to you because I don’t think I am alone in my plight.
Perhaps you don’t know where or even how to start over. Here is what I’ve found.
1) Confess: The first thing we must do is confess to God that we messed up and ask Him to forgive us.
1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
2) Forgiven: Then accept forgiveness. This one is a biggie. (I have a tendency to keep reminding God of something that He’s already forgiven me for.)
In Hebrews 8:12, the author reminds us that God forgives our wickedness and will remember our sins no more.
3) Sin no more: This one is impossible without the help of God. I think this for me is about no longer using what credit I have left. Whatever payments I make, don’t immediately turn around and use the card again. It is easy to just pull out the card.
Corinthians 10:13 assures us there is hope! “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
4) Rebuke Satan: Satan will try to remind you of your failures.
But James 4:7 says if we humble ourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you! He has no power over us!
5) Perfection through Christ: We are not perfect, (Romans 3:23) but Jesus (1 John 2:1) is! And we are victors through Him—Christ Jesus! (1 Corinthians 15:57). Here is my prayer, please make it your own!
Dear Lord, I come to You today asking You to forgive me for not taking care of the money You provide. I ask that help me to be better. I thank You and praise You for forgiving me and I commit to not using my credit cards. Lord, I ask that You help me form a plan to pay down my debt because I am responsible for it. Lord, I thank You for sending Your Son to provide a way for my forgiveness. I am so thankful for the forgiveness that comes from You. Lord, thank You for Your provision. Thank You for the victory I have over sin through the blood of Jesus. Lord, I ask that You increase my faith in You! In Your blessed name, I pray Amen and Amen.
Please let me know how I can pray for you.
If this post blesses you, please share it, comment with Amen, and invite your friends to my free Facebook group, Dare to Be You with Dianna Sandora. http://bit.ly/Dare2BeU